Welcome to Thorndale UMC! We want to invite you to gather and worship with us as we build a community centered around:
- being in relationship with God and one another
- loving God, each other, and even ourselves
- restoring dignity to the poor, weak, hungry, oppressed and downtrodden in our community
Our church offers two different worship experiences, both aimed at the same goal. We want you to experience the love and power of Jesus and see how a relationship with Him can change your life in marvelous ways.
Stop by our Welcome Center after any of our services. Our hosts can assist you with any questions you may have. We also have a welcome gift for you.
- 8:30am – Traditional Worship: a traditional service with organ, choir, hand bell choir.
- 10:00am – Contemporary Worship: worship with praise band and contemporary Christian music.
Grab a cup of coffee or tea after our 8:30 service or during our 10:00 service. First time with us? Stop by the welcome center to ask questions about the church and our ministries and to receive a free gift. Inquire how you can get connected.
Children & Youth
Thorndale Church is a safe-sanctuary church. This means that all staff and volunteers who work with our children and youth have received their PA clearances, signed a covenant agreement and have received training.
Children are always welcome to stay with their families in worship. However, we believe in offering children fun, engaging, and age appropriate environments to experience God and offer the following programs during the 10:00 AM Worship Celebration for children and youth.
- Nursery – is provided at both services by a staff member and volunteers. Nursery is for children from age birth through age 2 (Upstairs Nursery Room – also offered during the 8:30 worship)
- Kid Jam–For ages 2 through grade 5. Children meet during worship in our Kid Jam area. We have a time of both large group and small group teaching experiences.
- Middle School and High School students are invited to worship with the adults at 10am. Direct Student Ministries meets on Sunday evenings at 6pm.
For more information about our Children and Youth programs visit our Ministries page.
Interested in learning more? Visit our Next Steps page to find out how you can get involved in the life of our church!
Visit our What’s Up? page to find out whats going on in the life of our church!